Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Depression = SO Much Suffering

Whether you’re the one suffering with depression, or you’re suffering watching someone else suffer from depression, I think we’d all agree It’s Tough!!!

I Know a person that has suffered daily (some days more than others) but still suffered, every single day, for at least 11 years....And very few people even know it!! Those that do, have not a clue the extent of what this person not only endures, but overcomes on a daily basis! 

I have a Facebook Page titled SO MUCH MORE THAN TICS.... because Tourette Syndrome is having tics (involuntary repetitive movements, sounds, words...) and as if that isn’t enough for a person to have to deal with, sometimes it doesn’t stop there.  Often times Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Anxiety, Sensory Processing Disorder,  Depression, Self Harm, Suicidal Thoughts, ADHD, Oppositional Defiant Disorder...accompany TS.  So it is Truly So Much More Than Tics!!!   Each One of these illnesses/disorders alone are exhausting to endure, imagine enduring them All at once, each one fighting to be Boss to try and take over more and more of the persons thoughts, behaviors, feelings, self-esteem, movements, relationships.... to replace positive with negative, rational with irrational, peace with anxiety, fear and intrusive thoughts, high self-esteem with Low or No Self-esteem at all, ... all of the illnesses attacking from all different areas, or sometimes ganging up and torturing one specific area a hundred different ways...  Heartbreaking, that any one person has to go through this amount of suffering. Absolutely heartwrenching witnessing the person fight for their life when they are at their lowest, and Absolutely Amazing watching them persevere and face each new day with courage. Their life is a Vicious cycle.
  
Eleven Years and counting, of what I just briefly described ... wow... that will surely wear a person down... Physically, Emotionally, and Spiritually.  It will also make them the Strongest Person I know. Talk about a vicious cycle, mine goes from getting soo Angry with God, with the situation, with Myself, Frustrated, Scared, Defeated, Exhausted,
 Broken, And so so Sad when I watch this person not be able to get out of bed to go, be soooo tired of fighting their battle, lose their joy, become soo irritable, self-harm and Suicidal thoughts ... to Praying to God, believing this person’s situation is serving a Godly purpose, feeling God’sPeace when I give it all  to God and know His Love for this Person is far more than even My Own!❤️. 

Here is where I wanted to talk about Happiness, Being Grateful, even when we aren’t sure this is how our life is suppose to have turned out... it’s a Huge Struggle of Mine, so really need to get it out there...but I’m goong to save that for later, amd close before this post gets any longer.

They say the only thing Predictable with Tourette’s is that it’s unpredictable.  For the most part I would agree with that, there are a few things that will NEVER CHANGE...One being  my Unconditional Love for this person, and another is the fact that this person never Ceases to Amaze Me!

It is Truly Heartbreaking to Me, that so many are suffering, maybe not from anything I’ve mentioned, but from something else just as relentless. I want you to know, sincerely, My heart hurts for you when you are hurting and rejoices with you as you overcome every obstacle along the way!!  I am Always willing to be a listener, or a shoulder to cry on... We Need Eachother, because It’s Tough!!! So if you could use some prayers, I sure could, or have anything to add please comment... would love to hear your story..and add you to my Prayers..
Until next time, we’ll be takin’ it..  One Day at A Time!





No comments:

Post a Comment