Sunday, October 6, 2013

What was once just a saying.. Is now my Life

One Day At a Time... We've all heard it said but if you're like me it probably really wasn't given much thought until one day you found yourself living it!! And then maybe still not a whole lot of thought was put into it until you no longer lived one day at a time but literally hours or minutes or God help us even one second at a time! It's then that a whole lot of thought goes into those five small words.. Or At least that's how it happened for me! And once you have lived through those scary, discouraging, heart wrenching, hopeless, awful, one seconds at a time.. It is then that you realize that living one day at a time is a blessing, is not so bad, is doable!  
You see, my life is not what I had dreamed and wished and prayed that it would be. In some ways it is even more than I could of ever imagined being blessed with and in some ways it is more difficult, demanding, overwhelming than I ever knew possible! I grieve for things that aren't as I think they should be!   Just a few short weeks ago, I was living one second at a time, not knowing how I was going to find the energy or the will to put one foot in front of the other not to mention how on earth I was suppose to take care of my 3 year old daughter, or help my 12 year old daughter that deals every day with not only the everyday struggles of a preteen but also the many obstacles that having Tourette Syndrome and OCD and severe anxiety put in her path, or how I was going to be a loving wife to my husband...I was completely overwhelmed and exhausted.. It is then that I truly examined my life, my purpose, and those 5 small words.. One day at a Time!! And with lots of prayers and lots of support from friends and family.. I have once again survived living one second at a time and am content with one day at a time living! 
I'm excited to share my journey with you as I will take you back in time and then bring you up to the here and now and even on  into the future because although I'm content with one day at a time I know my Lord has plans for me and my loved ones and that gives me Hope for the future! God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment