Friday, November 15, 2013

What an Amazing Opportunity!

Allyssa Ann receiving a Hug from author Richard Paul Evans!!!

Wow!! This was a really neat experience for us!  Allyssa had no idea she was going to meet a famous author, and also one who has Tourette Syndrome and whose son also has it.. 
I pick her up from school, just a normal day and she gets in my car and looks down in the dumps.. She says.."I don't feel good , my head is killing me and I'm tired!" On the inside I'm disappointed but I'm getting rather good at shoving past initial reactions and moving right along so I just say.."oh so you probably aren't interested in the surprise I've planned for you..?" Her eyes get wide but no real expression as I continue "to go to St. Louis right now and meet Richard Paul Evans!!" And before I had even finished a huge smile came across her face and she screamed "YES.. YES... YES!! I don't care about this headache anymore!!" 
So we were on our way within the hour! 
Richard was giving a talk about his book the Four Doors..at the St. Louis library..poor daddy missed the presentation to entertain Adilynn out in the library while Allyssa and I listened to Richard Paul Evans speak and take tons of pictures!!! Allyssa was so excited and when it was time to meet him and have him autograph the book, Allyssa was able to tell him that she has T.S., and that she wrote a book about it and had it published,and that she is in the process of writing another book about T,S. but fiction this time.. Based on her character in the book having T.S.!! Richard was so sincere and asked Allyssa about her experiences with T.S. and talked a little about his son's. 
what a special night this was, thank you Richard Paul Evans for your words and for making my daughter feel completely loved, accepted, and respected!!! 















No comments:

Post a Comment